Pike County Township Map
Pike County was created on November 1, 1833 from parts of Clark and Hempstead counties. Parts of Clark were annexed in 1873 and 1877. Part of Pike County was annexed to Howard County in 1873. The county seat was located at Zebulon, later named Murfreesboro, in 1836. A log courthouse was built that year. It was destroyed by fire in 1855. Another courthouse was built only to be destroyed by fire on March 9, 1895. All county records, with the exception of a few tax books, were destroyed.
The following is a list of Pike County Townships:
- ANTOINE - created about 1850; part to Eagle about 1894.
- BREWER - created about 1833; part annexed to Howard County in 1873.
- CANEY FORK - created about 1858; part to Pike/Pike City about 1897.
- CLARK - annexed from Clark County in 1873.
- EAGLE - create about 1894 from parts of Antoine and Mountian townships.
- MISSOURI - created about 1833; part to Wolf Creek about 1877.
- MOUNTAIN - created in 1858; part to Eagle about 1894.
- MUDDY FORK - created in 1855; part ceded to Howard County in 1873.
- PIKE/PIKE CITY - created about 1897 from part of Caney Fork.
- SALINE - created about 1897 from part of Missouri.
- SELF CREEK - created about 1886.
- THOMPSON - created about 1833.
- WHITE - created about 1847.
- WOLF CREEK - created in 1877 from annexed parts of Clark County and Missouri Township.